This post is 2 days late, but then again, I have been very busy. Week 3 was nice. I really liked the problem with the round-robin tournament, especially its solution. Seeing it put a smile on my face. It was so simple, and yet I could not think of it on my own. That also upset me a bit.
I am ashamed to say that I did not pay any attention to the proof of the equivalence of the three principles. It was about 7:30 and I was very tired. However I did read the proofs in the notes.
I also liked the wrong proofs that we had to analyze. I am a big fan of bug hunting in general, be it in proofs or programs. It's like vaccination. In fact, I would like to do more of this here and there, especially in circumstances when we are not expecting them. It will make us less susceptible to blindly believing things we are told. Also, it will keep us on our toes.
I finally finished the first 3 questions of the assignment. In retrospect, my proofs in the third question could have been better. That's what happens when you leave things for the last minute.
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You mean my profile picture?
I made it using a fractal maker program called Apophysis. I was about to blog on that too... lol
Oh, no. I know about Apophysis (always crashes my computer). I meant the visual help for question 2 (in the post where I commented).
Bug-hunting is a good trainer.
Post a Comment