Grade-wise, this was a good week in CSC236, but I am a bit disappointed because I could have done better. I did not get 8/8 in the problem set because the "P(n)" predicate symbol was missing. But the statement of the predicate I was trying to prove was still there, so this annoyed me.
I was fairly happy with assignment 1, but in the second question I had forgotten to prove that my algorithm for generating the cycles produced every possible menu.
I thought the test was easy. Two of the questions were very straightforward induction. I am a bit concerned with my argument of a certain point in the other question, but I doubt it will affect me much.
I was very pleased with the explanation of how one could get the closed form formula for calculating the nth Fibonacci number. It disturbs me when I see some result that is "pulled out of a hat" in math books.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
A good life's project: explain as many of the rabbits-in-hats as possible. This should make the world a better place.
Definitely. Although, most of the time I find that, after the proof has been read, and familiarity with the subject matter is gained, it is pretty clear where the rabbit came from.
Post a Comment